1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will We Ever Find Acceptance?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LizzieRose, Jan 18, 2016.

1. LizzieRose

LizzieRose Guest

I've felt so down these last couple of days. I don't know why I do this to myself but I always read the comment sections on youtube videos about gay equality and related vids like that and they're some of the most vile, cruel, and hateful comments against the lgbtq community I have ever seen! And the worst thing of all, I feed the trolls. I can't help myself, I get so angry! I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY!!! why??? What's the reason people that are gay are hated so much?
    It literally makes me feel like a worthless piece of shit, and I don't know how to help myself. If anything it makes me even more scared to come out, I want no part of it. I'm thinking and trying to change my sexuality but it doesn't feel right. I get this awful pit in my stomach and it makes me feel sick. I have this important piece of information about myself and all I can do right now is keep it to myself, that's all I can do.
    Everyday I daydream about the day I can come out and live the way I want. It's the most happiest fantasy I have. But then reality sinks in and I can't even look at myself in the mirror and say it to myself. I don't want people to hate me, or resent me, or be disgusted about my 'life choices'. I just want to be accepted and live without fear.

2. Natasha Elyssa

Aww. (*hug*) I honestly hope that one day we will be accepted. I guess the key lies in the hands of the next generations. Keep in mind that people felt the same about race at one point. Racism still exists, but it's not as big as it was in say the 1800's. Remember that we find acceptance amongst ourselves, and you always have people of the LGBT community to support you. Feel better! Stay strong! :slight_smile: <3 (*hug*)

3. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think homophobia will soon get to a point where racism is today. Yes it exists in tiny spots but it is incredibly frowned upon by the majority of people.

4. MulderYuffie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really hope so i'be noticed it's gotten a lot better in recent years then it has been in the past which is a good thing I'm glad the LGBT kids of today will have a better time overall with this than we had.

5. ant12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    never try to change who you are <3. It took me so long to finally accept myself, and its not easy. There will always be people that hate gays for simply the fact that theyre gay, its something we need to get over. My skin is pretty thick when it comes to things like this, and i know this may not be the case with you. You just need to realize that we are making this world a better place with acceptance, and the more time goes on the less homophobic everyone will be.