1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fancy a guy at work....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by riddlerno1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. riddlerno1

Ok so i never thought this would happen to me.....normally i can control crushes and say well, he's good looking etc etc.... and not think anything of it. But..... there is this one guy at work who i cant get out of my head!! He is so amazing and i get so nervous round him, so i just try and avoid him altogether. Its so wierd though, is this what a teenager with a crush is supposed to feel like cos ive never felt this way before. I dont think he's gay anyway but what do i do and how do i act more normal around him??

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, you're crushing. You can do it age 26. :slight_smile:

Get to know him a bit better. Chat with him more. Getting to know your crush better seems to make them more "human", and keep you from getting too tongue-tied.

Lex

3. riddlerno1

Yeah problem is being mesmarised by his face when im talking to him!

4. kayar

Yeah, I make Lex right. Get to know him better if you can, humanise him to counteract your fantasies around him. Easy to say though isn't it? I'm just the same as you and when I've crushed on someone who's probably 'out of bounds', I start to avoid them, and particularly tend to avoid eye contact! Sucks sometimes don't it? But I still think Lex gave good advice here. Good luck and take care. X

5. theworld

like they say, all crushes go away with time. I had one on someone at work too for some time. I guess I still do kinda, but, after a month or so, it's not that bad. :-/

hang in there? that's the only, not so good, advice I've got. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. littledinosaurs

What kind of job do you have? (i only ask cause in some jobs, like being a chief, you can't mess around like that because if could ruin the whole dynamic of working)
    cause if you can go for it why not?

7. tomfromeds

OMG I'm in te exact same position but with my best friend! He's completely straight, apart from when we got a lil tipsy once (but thats another story!), and he's actually a lil bit of a player really. But i can't stop thinking about him, he's in my dreams and everything. AHH! I jst hope it does go away!
    Tom
    xx

8. riddlerno1

Well i only work there one day a week and we both work as support workers in a residential complex for people with learning disabilities. He is an agency worker while im permanent member of staff so he's not always there. So it maybe weeks before ill see him and so just when i think, im over it there he pops up again and it begins all over again. Cant really go for it, i think he's straight.

9. NoLeafClover

I know a guy that, whenever I'm around him my mind goes blank and I could just stare, lol. I've been meaning to get away from it though, because he has a girlfriend, and....well, it's not good for me.

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Picture him wearing something ridiculous. Like a really ugly suit. That usually helps me talk to anybody. :slight_smile:

Lex