1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gamer4now, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so I'm pretty unsure of what to do at the moment, here's the dilemma-

I feel like it's too soon to come out if that makes any sense. I just feel coming out would A. Change everything but not be effective (I'll get into why later) B. It wouldn't be necessary to do anything at my age.

A. talking about it being effective, is just that it's not really going to effect me really. I mean doing this would just be like "ok cool" then everyone would continue and I'd stay being ignored. It's confusing to explain but like really tell me what happened to you that made it worth it.
    B. Like I said it's not like I need to be out in order to do anything... What are they going to do? Make me take out my LGBT license?! So this one is to the point I don't need to come out to do anything fun at my age.

Talking about this, I'm the youngest in my family and afraid they'll all treat me like a kid anyway. Plus if you've read any other of my posts, my stepdad is homophobic, and my real dad I'm not sure his position. Nor am I going to ask my real dad it's just kind of suspicious and he is against interracial marriage so that's not a good sign.
    Finally the reason I posted this is that I feel the need to confide in someone and get out of the mood I've been in (depressed)
    I need advice!

2. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, first off, if you come out, you could get a boyfriend possibly... also, there are other ways to test the waters with your dad to see his stance on the issue than going up to him and going, "are you homophobic?" Tell him about some other kid who came out or bring up some big thing in the LGBT community that pretty much everyone knows about and see how he reacts. Remember, there's always someone who cares for you... also, just come out when you're ready, remember, you have your entire life to be gay
    Here's an e-hug for moral support
    (*hug*)

3. foxer

CrazyBoutBoyz said quite good points. Especially about the dad thing. An indirect way of asking is recommended. And if there's something on the news relating lgbt stuff you should try to observate how your dad reacts. Perhaps dropping a tactical question during that time.

I however have something to add.
    With you being 13 your family treating you like a kid really isn't wrong. because that is what you pretty much still are. And one other thing. Puberty. Just pointing it out. No matter wheter your's have started or not. Puberty is confusing time and a lot of physical and psychic changes will occur.

From the coming out recourses: "Some gay people knew they were different, if not gay, from as young as five or six. It is said that, for most of us, our sexuality is determined by the age of 12 or 13 and probably 16 at the latest."

What I'm trying to say is that perhaps you should wait few years. As you said "is just that it's not really going to effect me really." So it's sounds that it's not a problem for you to be in the closet for some more time. And I'd recommend reading that link as it provides a ton of helpfull info.

Take Care - Foxer

4. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its just hard to really do anything, and i feel im behind on life. I have no friends really and all my other somewhat friends just dont feel like close friends i would hang out with. Now i just spend my time on my computer or with my sister. it just makes me feel down in the dumps, not really being able to do anything and being in the closet might be a small reason why.

5. foxer

Have you thought about joining some kind of activity club? Photography eg. If you're around with people that have same interests it eases making friends.

Winter might not be the most inspiring time to go outside but have done just that. Making changes in daily habits, even small ones, helps feeling down & boredom.

6. leetfrog

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Joining clubs (doesn't have to be a school club) is a good idea. But if you're like me that does not interest you at all. When I was 13 I also had no friends other then a few buddy's I talked to at school. What saved me is xbox. Yes, Xbox. Find a couple people at school who play xbox and ask them for their gamertag and get into their party's. Play games with them and just have a good time chatting in the party. I added one friend I met in the summer going into freshman year, and that introduced me to a whole new group of friends to which some I am still friends with to this day.