1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Date Tomarrow!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by musicXowl, Feb 3, 2009.

1. musicXowl

I'm soo nervous!! but soo excited!!
    I've never been on date before. i have no idea what im sapposed to do??
    like do i hold her hand? is hugging ok?? i know im not going to kiss on a first date.
    but what else do i do?
    any advice or suggestions??
    oh and by the way we're going to the movies

2. Charles Marcus

my advice is BE NATURAL, Be yourself. :slight_smile:
    that means if you wan't to hold hand, hold it! never do anything becouse people always do this at date.

and good luck.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main goal of a first date is to learn more about each other, and see how you interact together. So ask questions. Find out more about her. Don't pry her with a litany of questions, but find out some things about her that sound interesting, and dig around those areas a bit. Does she like to write? What sorts of things? Does she have a blog? Is she play sports? How's her team doing? What other sports did she used to play, or might she like to try?

And she'll probably give you some questions of her own. Feel free to answer them "openly". If asked if you like school, don't just say "uh-huh". Talk about how much you love art class, or what a tough time you're having in math.

And have fun, damnit. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I agree with Charles be yourself.

HAVE FUN!

5. listen up world

I remember my first date well as it was about two months ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I had pretty much the same questions. I knew that I wasn't going to go for a kiss, but at the end of the date he kissed me and I was caught way off guard. I was leaning in for a hug and he went for it. You don't necessarily have to accept a kiss if she tries to give you one, but decide beforehand how you want to react...and try not to be offguard.

Also try not to be nervous, be yourself, be relaxed. Etc. I had no idea what I was doing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We went to the movies...we saw twilight, lol. I didn't know if I should hold my hand or touch or anything. I still don't...but just be confident and yourself, and enjoy yourself. It's really an exhilarating experience. I hope your first date goes well. Let us know...

6. notquitebutch

Haha, I went on my first date with a girl a few weeks ago. I was so, so nervous... we went to a movie too. She chose a horror film, so if she got scared she could cling on me. Very clever :wink:

Just be yourself. If she's giving you vibes that she wants to hold your hand, or hug you, I'd say go for it slowly.Like maybe hover your hand around hers if it's on the arm rest, and then maybe just put your fingers on hers... it worked for me. If not, just talk afterwards and see how you two are around each other.I definitely agree with Lex, try to not give short details or answers to stuff, but don't just ramble about yourself, either.

Good luck, and have fun! :grin:

7. ilovelife

Lucky you! Hope it goes well! :]

8. mattblack

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey,
    I can feel your butterflies from here! As scary as this apprehension is, I think you'll learn to love it. The whole will s/he, won't s/he question is the best bit! I love that tension...

It's just my experience, but your body will know what it wants to do when the time comes, even if you can't decide right now. It's amazing how your instincts will take over if you think something is happening. When they do you'll probably start to figure that worrying about all this beforehand is kinda pointless...and when you do you'll save yourself a whole heap of next time.

Trust me, this buzzy feeling is worth experiencing!

9. musicXowl

thanks everyone!!
    very helpfull advice
    we've decided to move the date to friday
    so ill let you all know how it goes!

10. EM68

Have fun. just be your self. If you do it will work out fine!