1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Relationships? :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by notquitebutch, Feb 3, 2009.

1. notquitebutch

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to post this.

For those of you who are in school or who have been through this before... how do you deal with a secret relationship in school? I recently started going with this girl... shes great :slight_smile: But, we're both not out because it's not a good idea for either of us to be, so we need to keep us a secret.

We've only kissed once, and that was in a room our other friend locked us in ( he did it just for that reason, too. What a jerk :slight_smile: ) Since then, we've tried to get together where we could do couple things, like hold hands, kiss... you know. We've gone to the movies, but someone we know is always there and we can never be too close so we don't raise suspicions.

The way our school works is that 3 different towns use it, since we're all small towns. We both live in different towns, and neither of them are good for hanging out in, so just being alone together there is out.

For anyone who's dealing/had to deal with this... what did you do? All I want to do is hug my girlfriend, or hold her hand, or kiss her, like every other couple does in school. It's so frustrating.

2. littledinosaurs

haha um....girls room after school?

3. notquitebutch

Ahah that's what I was thinking, but I don't want her to be like 'Eeew bathroom,' you know? Not the most romantic of places.

4. Lizz K

Well since neither of you are out it really wouldn't raise that much suspicion of you two were hanging out a lot. I mean walking down the street holding hands might be out of the question; but linking arms, or having your arms around each other isn't because most people assume you're just two girls being friendly. I think the only reason you're realllly worried is because you two know it's not just friendship and are worried others will pick up on that. I wouldn't worry too much, like I said most people assume you're just best friends.

5. kaster

invite her round to yours or go round to hers? girly sleepover? do some sort of sport like pool or snooker or bowling where you can have the excuse of teaching each other how to do it? golf too.
    Ice Skating is good cause you can hold hands and its to stop you from falling, one almost falls you have to hug. stuff like that?
    hope it works out for you:slight_smile:

6. Cheese Love

I'm in the exaaaact same situation!
    Seriously, the same boat.

I don't mind coming out and telling people, but we're both unwilling to tell a certain friend that is always around us, so we keep it secret.

A few people know we're dating, but thinking about it, they're all gay/bi/extremely supportive and don't go to our school. No parents know or anything like that..

Can you guys drive at all? Whenever my girlfriend are in the car together we always hold hands. Even if we're at my house around my little sister, if we're on the couch we share a blanket and hold hands under it. If we're completely alone, we're just ourselves :]

The best option, if you can, is to find a spot where you can be alone, bedroom, basement, etc where at either of your houses.

7. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been in that boat before and it was hard to mange. We would see alot of each other but we wern't able to act on it. We had to meet in empty hallways and public locations that we know people from school wouldn't catch us. Its easier for you because your both girls, and girls can get away with doing alot of stuff, but if that doesn't work, just try to find a nice and quite place to be alone together.