1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ecallan, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ecallan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone, I'm looking for a lot of support. I'm feeling really alone right now. I'm 37 and just come to identify as bi-sexual. My husband is very supportive, but I know my family would not be if they knew. I have no gay, bi, or lesbian friends to talk to about coming out or even living this lifestyle. It's even more awkward that I'm married and exploring this side of my sexuality. I'm just feeling so alone in all of this. Any advice or anyone else been in this predicament? Some friends to talk to be so great, I'm new here.

ecallan

#1 ecallan, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  2. CrazyBoutBoyz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven't been in that situation but, I can tell you, you almost certainly have at least one LGBT-friendly friend. Also, if the family you're talking about are your children, they will almost undoubtedly accept you... if it's parents, test the waters with a few starter questions to make sure they're cool with the LGBT community. Some examples would be to talk about a news story having to do with LGBT problems, if they end up not supporting you, they probably will support you, who cares, you're a fully grown, married woman, they'll have to come around some time... also, you've been living the LGBT lifestyle your entire life... by not living any specific lifestyle... sexual orientation isn't a lifestyle, it's just who you're attracted to
    Here's an e-hug for moral support
    (*hug*)

3. Bluesteel

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure if I can help much. But I just want to let you know you are not alone (*hug*). I'm married and just realized I'm gay not too long ago. I thought I was bi for years I even told my wife (after we were married) and she seemed "ok" with it. Not really against it, Not really supportive either. It's just kinda been awkward since and it kinda forced me back in the closet. I haven't told anyone since I realized I'm gay, but I'm slowly working on coming out. I'm sure talking to a therapist will help alot, I have talked to a few and it helped me a little. There are lots of great people on this site to help you. If you ever want to chat just write on my wall(*hug*)

4. ecallan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you so much for the advice. It is helpful actually and I appreciate you responding to my posting. I'm new here and struggling with even reaching out really to be honest. My husband seems supportive but I feel like he has his own motives for me coming out as bisexual, which doesn't really help me feel any better. :frowning2: I suppose that's a whole different issue. I'm not sure if I should say this, but I am a therapist but have never really dealt with any LGBT issues in my practice. I just became a therapist and am really new at it. I appreciate any advice given.

ecallan