1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ItistheEast, Jan 20, 2016.

1. ItistheEast

Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been debating whether to go to my school's spectrum club. I don't know if I should go because I'm scared that everyone I know will find out that I am going to them but I really want to join an lgbtq+ community but I really can't let my parents know I'm pansexual because they are super religious and will probably throw me out. But I really want to go to these meetings. What should I do?:eusa_thin

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, people in my GSA are pretty respectful of not outing you without your permission. If you're really worried, you could expressly ask them not to out you. I'm sure they'd understand, being LGBT themselves.

As for attending meetings, you could easily tell your parent it's some other club you have an interest in so they wouldn't find out.

Of course, there's always that odd chance that someone could find out about things, even if you are careful about hiding it. So you should just decide whether that risk is worth it. Good luck! :slight_smile: