1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dasi200, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Dasi200

Recently broke up with boyfriend we were together almost 2 years. I always knew I am attracted with girls but always have ignored it. I have tried with one but she just made me feel even more insecure.
    I have this app ****** and I met this nice girl, outgoing, full of life, positive and with self esteem and very respectful. And of course because I have never been in gay company before i screw it up.

We had 3 good date and we were like texting all day long if in the meantime. Yesterday we had double date with her best friend and her date. And I acted like total insecure,rude, not friendly bitch. All because I am so insecure about my self. I fell like crap because I really like this girl and I think that she will cut me off and I don't blame her. How do I work around this ?

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2016 at 08:05 AM ----------

PS: nobody from my close friends and family that knows supports my sexuality.

#1 Dasi200, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  2. Dasi200

Should I send her flowers with not tag or just leave it alone?

3. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dasi – if you’ve been on three “good” dates with this girl then she must like you. The very fact that she’s introduced you to her best friend indicates that she likes you.

It sounds like on this double-date you were a little bit out of your normal element – especially since you just haven’t spent much time around other gay people. It’s normal to be insecure or to try to act differently when you’re put into a new and stressful situation.

I would tell her just that. Chances are, she’ll appreciate your vulnerability and will be understanding.

Next time around – just relax!

She likes you as you are. You don’t need to act differently around her friends than you do around her. You’ve got nothing to prove to anyone. Just be yourself and stop worrying about how others are perceiving you.

Confident people are usually attracted to people who are fine just being themselves.

4. Dasi200

Thank you Cort. Ill try my best to relax next time. I tend to be like that when I care about the person.