1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Chloenatalie, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Chloenatalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi I would love some advice on how to come out to my parents. My brother already knows and he was fine. But I don't think my mum will be. She won't do anything drastic but she'll probably say that I'm not, which annoys me so much. I've never had a girlfriend (or boyfriend) so she'll say I don't know yet but I do. All advice is much appreciated

2. mettaton

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd try to tell her what's what in the most polite way possible. (if that makes sense)
    Make it clear that you know you're a lesbian and you don't need to have dating experience to know that.
    Just keep calm and be confident in what you know is true. If you remain calm she's likely to be calm as well (then again I don't know your mum).
    Good luck ᵔᴥᵔ

3. Chloenatalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for that

4. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If they ever use your age as a reason for you not being able to know (or to justify calling it a phase), ask them how old they were when they realised they were straight. You can use the same rebuttal if they say you can't know because you haven't had a relationship: your mum knew she was straight before she had a boyfriend.