1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning on coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Broodyvamp, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Broodyvamp

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey everyone,
    So I have known that I am bisexual for quite awhile now. I am currently in a relationship with a man and I have been with him for about 6 months now. I haven't even mentioned much about my sexuality or LGBT issues etc so I am not too sure where he stands on it. I am a bit worried that he won't respond well to it or he will be a little weird knowing it. I really want to be truthful about it and honest with him. Any advice here would really help.

I am also wanting to tell my best friend as well, I know that she is definitely an advocate and supporter of the LGBT community so I am fairly sure she will react positively. I am leaning toward telling her before I tell my boyfriend because I wanted to tell her even before I started dating him and she also worries me a lot less.

Any advice would be really helpful with this.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't really help with telling your boyfriend as I've never had to be in that situation, I can say it would probably be better to tell your friend first so that you can gain some more support before telling your boyfriend.

3. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As for telling your boyfriend, I know here at least attitudes are largely accepting. While I've never been in a similar situation either, I know my (male) bi friend's girlfriend has no problem with it. That said, be prepared for inevitable questions about which gender you prefer, or if you would want a threesome with another woman. If you're too nervous to come out without gauging your boyfriend first, it might be a good idea to bring up some LGBT+ issues, particularly if they relate to bisexuality.

Hope it all goes well!