1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting First Piercing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BitterEdge, Feb 5, 2009.

1. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

I am getting my belly button pierced, I know its not necessarily masculine but its one of three I plan on getting. Any advice with aftercare and such?

2. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    make sure you take good care of it, you don't want it to get infected, and if it does, clean it daily.

3. Jace

Yeah do what the piercer tells you and do sea salt soaks, I swear they're like jesus

And if it gets infected - DO NOT take it out cause then it'll close up and trap the infection

4. kaster

also make sure you get good quality rings for once the one you get in comes out, becuase crappy rings also cause infections even if you do clean it regularly. Buy some spray Savlon (or US equivelant) cause its a good disinfectant for cleaning when you're not having a salt bath.
    Good luck :slight_smile: (btw not sore AT ALL, but it night bleed a bit so dont wear a nice tshirt)

5. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

ok I decided to do something else, too many people made fun of me for saying that.

6. EM68

Just do what you want to do not what others say.

7. MateoBoi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah man - do what you want to do. I'm not making an argument about forgetting what society wants and all of that good stuff - really, it's a simple matter of piercings being a form of self-expression . . . you do it for your own personal aesthetics and what not. I got my ears pierced a few weeks ago and all of my friends back home totally deplore me for it. My parents were great about it, as well as my college friends. If anything, this just shows that you can't please everybody at once.
    And with that being said, keep it clean - as per my piercer, purchase Dial liquid soap and clean the area frequently - it helped on my ears so much that I swear by it.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

When I was in college a guy got his pierced too, he said he was straight :rolleyes:

Yeah do what Kaster said get a clean ring!, Mines been infected for months now lol

9. well, earrings are on and off for being masculine in guys....
    its your body. if you want it because you like it, then do it.
    it can be covered with a shirt.....
    clean it daily. i use a q-tip with special cleaning fluid in it that works well. a good piercer will tell you how to properly care for it. if they don't when you ask, don't get pierced there!
    XD
    btw navel rings can be hot on guys!