1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sackle, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Sackle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a bisexual but Havnt told anyone but I know some of my friends are very vocal of their support of the lgbt community so I know I can trust them but I have a couple of problems.

Me and my crush like each other ( you'd be able to tell if you have seen us) but she is homophobic because of her religion and so if I tell her she will be hurt and there will always awkwardness between us (we have the same friends) but if I wait to tell her she will try to become more and more close to me and will be even more hurt if I tell her.

Another problem I have is my father (he has split from my mum when i was young but is still a big part of my life i see him 6 weeks a year) his son my half brother has recently got cancer (a year ago) my father became a lot more religious and I don't know what he will think.

My last problem is that I'm afraid some people in my school will label it as attention seeker as I'm in simple terms eccentric (im not an attention seeker but i understand why they label me so.

My mother will support me ( her favourite singer is gay)

If anyone can give me some advice ill be thankful as im very confused and dont know what to do

2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You could come out to your mother.
    As you said, she is supportive, so why not?
    You could ask her not to tell anyone else, that you want to come out to people yourself.

As for your friends, do you have a tight knit little group, or a huge bunch?
    If you have some close friends, you can confide in them. They are supportive of LGBT+ that's great :slight_smile:.

About your father, has he ever shown signs of homophobia? Has he ever said something that could hint at homophobia?

#2 mychemromance99, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  3. Sackle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    From what I know he (my dad) is more leaned to the side of not accepting gays.

And for my friends the usual hangout is usually around 7 but we are pretty chummy with everyone in our class.

I'm very nervous about coming out and want to come out to a friend I trust first. Would my mum be dissapointed.

I want to grow my courage and come out to my crush so I don't hurt her more than needed and I really dont want to hurt her

4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you're nervous about coming out, it's best that ypu start off with a close friend, who is supportive of LGBT+. It would make coming out to others a lot more easier.
    As for your mum, I believe disappointed would be a wrong term. She is supportive right? So I guess she won't.
    I think you could try coming out to your mum after you've come out to a friend.
    Take it step by step. And then you could think about your dad.

And oh, if you're worried about your father being homophobic, you could tell your mother not to tell your dad. It would make things simpler.

All the best, and if you feel a need to talk, feel free to post a message on my wall :slight_smile:

#4 mychemromance99, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that if you want to come out, your mom would be a really great place to start.

It sounds like she would most likely be supportive and accepting. By telling her, you’d have someone in your family that you can talk to openly. It would also build your confidence going forward knowing that you have someone that is on your side and that loves you unconditionally.

My mom is the first person I told and her support has been invaluable in helping to build my confidence.

Also, your mom would probably have a better sense of how your dad might react than anyone else does. She’d be a good source of advice in that area.

Best of luck.

6. Sackle

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    They have been split for most of my life about 9 to 10 years but I get ya thanks for your help. Kudos