1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice anyone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AlmightyFluffy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. AlmightyFluffy

So... play rehearsals after school.
    One of the guys casted was given the accurate role as "loser guy"
    Long story short, he called me faggot, fag, fruitcake, and a few other muttered lovely things in front of the whole cast, and had to be seriously CONVINCED to stand anywhere near me after he found out I was actually gay.

After this, a recently ex-friend who had been acting pretty flat out rude and unpleasant to me all year for little reason (randomly not speaking to me for months at a time, very sensitive to criticism but loves dishing out insults, and telling me that she would not miss me if I switched out of her classes.) was smiling and laughing with him with her arms wrapped around him.

I told the director, he gave loser guy a warning which left him on the verge of tears.
    So far, it's pretty much agreed by my friends that loser guy is a prick. Case closed.
    But some people think I'm just kind of holding a grudge against the girl and should just 'let it go'

So I gotta ask,
    should I just 'let it go', or do I really have a legible reason to be mad at both of them right now. This might sound like an easy answer, but people around me know how to make me sound like an idiot very easily. {:3

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Grudges leave smudges on your shirts but I dont think your holding one. Don't worry about either of them. What goes around comes around and both will make it full circle and their hugging and laughing might actually make it happend faster :cP

3. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look this isnt about whether you are holding grudges or not. It's about how he has made you feel in this moment in time. If you ignore the fact that him and your ex-friend were all lovey dovey.....were you hurt by what he did at your rehearsals? Did him calling you a faggot and a fruitcake upset you? And how did his reaction, once he discovered you were "batting for the other team", make you feel? I personally think from what you've said that it wouldn't have mattered if he was hugging Angelina Jolie or your ex-friend. Perhaps the fact that it was your ex-friend made you more angry and upset about the situation, but his actions where still rather nasty in themselves.

Try not to let him put you down. Always think positively about a situation, and if he calls you a faggot again just let it wash over you. Dont let him see it bothers you.xxxx

4. Jim1454

I don't think you're holding a grudge. If someone is going to be that immature, they're going to disrupt the performance. They need to get over it, or bow out of the play. The fact that your ex-friend seems cozy with this guy is a really good reason for her to remain an ex-friend.

5. curiousdude

Hypothesis: Your friend had a crush on you and was crushed when she found out you were gay. He's just a jackass. She was drawn to jackass because he was giving voice to her anger at you for not being into her.

End result: They'll each be alone and bitter in short order.

As always: The show must go on!

6. casjerem

casjerem Guest

Listen the saying forgive and forget. If you live on with revenge, you'll turn bitter and be just like her, which I know you don't want to be. :slight_smile:

7. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this guy is willing to bury the hatchet, then do so. Life is to short to be spent fighting.

And about your friend who can dish it out but not take it? People like that never change. It's up to you whether you want to continue to deal with it. Personally, I think it's a good idea to not consider her a friend anymore- she did not treat you the way real friends should treat each other.