1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mum told everyone about me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NotKnowing, Jan 30, 2016.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When I came out to my mum I told her she shouldn'g tell anyone, because I wasn't ready for that yet.
    As it turns out, she told the parents of my best friend, my father (who is her ex husband and they're not even close), my sister and who knows else.
    I don't know how to handle this situation and she doesn't understand at all why I'm upset over it.
    She says I can't tell her something like that and expect her not to talk to anyone. I told her she could've talked to someone (like her psychologist) but maybe not EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT IS CLOSE TO ME.
    I just wanna get away from her but I don't know where to go. I'm 15 and I can't work yet.
    Can someone help me? Like I said she isn't even sorry.

2. ConverseCody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That was a pretty selfish thing for her to do. Its not difficult to understand that this is something that is extremely hard to do and needs to be taken slowly, telling everyone would be daunting. She is your Mum, she is meant to be your biggest support and ally.

Is your Mum accepting of you? I take it you came out to your Mum as trans yes? I would tell her exactly why you don't want others to know. Say exactly how it would make you feel, and tell her how she has made you feel by outing you before you were ready.

I would also talk to your Dad, sister and best friend and tell them how you feel and not to tell anyone. You may not have an outstanding ally in your Mum, but you may find it in someone else you're close to.

As horrible as your situation may be right now, running away won't solve anything. Try to make the best of the situation and find strength and support in those who know.

You never know, by outing you, you're Mum may have given you a larger support system.

Good luck! :slight_smile: Chin up! :grin: