1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't come out...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TiaKay, Jan 31, 2016.

1. TiaKay

TiaKay Guest

Hey everyone I need help cause I think that I will never be able to come out...
    From about one year maybe I realized that I was bi and I know that I am it took me maybe 1 year to be sure about it and now here I am suugesting myself as by. The problem is that I came out to my closes friends and they were okay with it. But then I changed school and I made new friends and I had problems at school but now it's all fine. Maybe from 3 weeks ago one of my friends (not close one) asked my if I liked girls or guys or both. But I didn't want to talk about it... because I am scared... The reason that I'm scared is because I came out to my mom from maybe 2 mounths ago even if I knew that she would't deal with it I told her and try to explain her. And she got really sad and I think that she thinks that I'm not cause I don't think she doesn't believe me. Then she told me that it's a bad thing and that I should never tell it to anyone cause she thinks that people will think that I'm crazy and that they won't talk to me. I told that to my friend when she asked me the question and I told her that I'm bi and she took that my mom doesn't even have sense and I told the same thing to my other friends at my new school and they said the same thing. Now I know that my mom will never understand and my family too that's the reason why I could never come out and I have some friends that are the kids of the friends of my mom that I'm sure they will not deal with it. The worst is that if one day I will date a girl it's like my mom will have the real proof and that I like girls but she will never deal with it. I want to come out and I'm ready but I don't know what to do because of all that. Please help!

2. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    okay after reading through what you said, my opinion on the matter is that maybe you should leave it till your financially independent? (like at uni or something) I get a mixed feeling about your mother, she is either worried that the area you live in is homophobic OR is homophobic herself either of these would explain the whole "people will think your crazy" thing. honestly id take my advice with a pinch of salt (so to speak), dont think that you have to do as i suggested if you dont think its right but generally when your independent it means that whatever happens your life wont be hurt (such as being cutoff or thrown out) but it would mean mentally you get hurt. all my weird senseless babbling aside you should do what you think is right, maybe attempt to bring up LGBT issues around her and see how she reacts?

3. Mr Spock

Your mom might just be worried about her baby (you) and how the world we live in may or may not treat you if you are dating someone of the same sex. It sounds as if she loves you to me and may be trying to make you be straight in order to protect you from any homophobics that may be out there.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But you have come out haven't you ? You told your mom and some of your friends. (congrats by the way !)

Your mum knows. She can chose to bury her head in the sand and act like she doesn't know but you came out to her so you don't really owe her anything else and could basically date whoever since it's no secret that you are bi (regardless of whether or not she accepts it).

I personally would come out to my friends and whoever think would be accepting, live my life (aka date girls) and not give details to my mother about who I am or not seeing.

But I guess that would also depends on your age and on how dependent you are of your mother ?