1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"In your face?"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SinOfWrath, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SinOfWrath

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yo, so, I'm basically out to everyone as trans, but I'm starting a new school and I have a very "Not going back" mentality, so I plan on living my life as a guy from now on, except I go to a very strict, uniform catholic school and I want to be respectful seeing as I did choose their school. They've been supportive and whatnot, but what I'm concerned with, is how do I come out to people without it sounding like I'm pushing it in their face... People will obviously see me as female, I make no attempts to look "more masculine" because I love the way I look. In the future I am determined to use binders and whatnot, but until I get the money I'm cool with my weird looking self. (I have neon orange hair, a couple lip piercings and I wear pure white contact lenses because why not?) I stand out like a sore thumb among the brown haired, blue eyed community, not because I like attention, but because I'm finally looking and acting the way I want to, the way that I feel comfortable, and I'm not going back... ever, but that said, people are going to see me as female, and I'm looking for a way to explain to them that I don't identify as female without being pushy... ya know? Like sometimes when people just aren't wrapping their head around shit you got to be pushy, but for first intros, instead of being like "Yo, no, I'm a dude, can't you tell?" *Majestically flips hair and hops upon unicorn* what's an easier way of explaining to people that I am most certainly not female, despite my appearance? :help:

2. biisme

Perhaps you could enlist some help from your teachers. You could ask them to use male pronouns when introducing you.

Ex: "This is xxxx. He's just joined us from xxxxx school..."

More likely than not, people will notice. And, if they have any questions, they can bring it up to you, rather than you bringing it up.