1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I almost did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woahthatsboring, Feb 4, 2016.

1. woahthatsboring

So, I almost did it! Like I almost came out to someone, it's amazing really!

Here's a little background information because I haven't been on here for awhile:

I'm now completely sure that I'm bisexual. Before, I was a little in between( no pun intended :slight_smile: ) but now I think I can comfortablely say I like guys and girls the same.

I'm actually with a girl currently! She's amazing and although we met online (we talk 24/7... Literally, the times we aren't talking one of us is asleep) we both agreed that once I'm out of school, we're going to meet! That's like a year away and I'm so excited! :icon_bigg

Now that leads to me coming out! A week ago, I was in my teacher classroom after class ended just talking to her and I was so nervous! So nervous to come out to her. She knew me as one thing and I was self conscious for her to know me to something else. I watched a ton of coming out videos before and you never really know that feeling until you're actually there doing it yourself. I started off saying "I'm...." and "I like..." BUT I never fully came out. I left dramatically and called my girlfriend. We talked about it and she made me see the bright side of it rather than calling me a failure.

Now to some, you might still look at this as a fail but considering how far, I've came, I see this as an accomplishment!! I can't believe, I was even that close to actually doing it. Before, I thought I would live my life in a closet but now I see that confidence is builded and not just rushed. Especially, when it comes to coming out. I hope this inspires all of you, who aren't out to everyone in your lives that one day that day will come. Just keep building and think about how far you've come! That in itself is something to be proud of! :thumbsup:

If you have any comments, on this much would be appreciated! I just felt like sharing :smilewave

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be proud of yourself!
    You are growing in confidence and you will come out when the time is right.

3. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! I'm still in the closet and not confident in my sexuality, but I hope to be where you are in a few months (or years). Thank you for posting this! :slight_smile: Even half-coming out shows that you are comfortable enough with yourself that you are almost ready for the world to know. That's amazing. :grin:

4. H20

H20

(!)(!)(!) :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

:thumbsup: That's terrific news! Even just almost getting there is significant progress and a wonderful thing to be proud of. You're almost ready and you're feeling more comfortable with yourself which is a great thing. Celebrate! :eusa_danc