1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realizations at 4 a.m.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MateoBoi, Feb 7, 2009.

1. MateoBoi

Out Status:
    A few people
    College - what an experience. I'm currently a first year student and it's had its ups and downs. I think one of the most defining moments this year has got to be when I came out to a few friends here on campus.

I've met two guys here that I've had "relationships" with - I lost my virginity to the first guy, but it all moved so fast and was not the relationship I wanted. The second guy has been the greatest so far; he doesn't rush me and we share a great friendship. I decided I'd stick with this second guy because he's been a gentleman from the start; the first guy usually wants to hang out with me just for sex. Despite this, I still didn't know what I wanted from anybody.

Unfortunately, last night I flubbed. I was a little tipsy and the first guy came over to my room. I was careless and I let his advances go farther than I wished. I think anybody trying to taking advantage of somebody who is not in the right state of mind is wrong - no matter what the circumstances. The worst thing I think he told me last night when I told him so was "Welcome to the gay world."

When this guy left I realized that the greatest qualities in a guy at this moment are if he is willing to simply sleep with me and not expect anything to happen. That, and the trust that comes with this action. It's nice to know you can trust somebody to wake up next to you in the morning and know that you wanted them there -and they wanted to be there.

I want to tell my friend this, that I care for him too, that I appreciate all of the patience and understanding he's showed to me. I just don't know how without making a big deal out of it.

2. Laura17

Laura17 Guest

Tell him, he obviously care for you! Think of how great it could be. It'll most likely be worth it, don't you think?

3. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that you should tell him, just don't leave out the drunken part, after all if you wern't in the right state of mind, it is easier to understand.