1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to family advice...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SusanBee, Feb 5, 2016.

1. SusanBee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am in my early 30’s and I am in a long term monogamous relationship with a man; however, for most of my life I have known that I'm attracted to both men and women…I have often felt “wrong” or that I was just somehow ridiculous for loving my husband, but also knowing that I find women and other men sexually and physically attractive...I grew up in a super religious household being taught that heterosexuality is the ONLY sexuality and that by being any other way I would more than likely find myself as a permanent guest in hell...As a result, this has made me feel were I to actually ever really “come out” to anyone, other than my husband who already knows I find women sexually attractive, that I would just be seen as only “halfway out" or in some way I was just deluding myself about my marriage and I am really a lesbian hiding out for the privileges of a heteronormative relationship in a very biphobic and homophobic society and culture…I still don’t really know what to do about sharing my entire self with my family, but it is nice to know they are more people out there like me who know they are not just playing at being lesbian or straight, but ARE genuinely bisexual!