1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oh my god

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sarah, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Sarah

oh my god
    i did it. i broke up with him. but now he's talking about how im the reason for him to stay alive. im keep asking, begging for him to not hurt himself. for him to promise not to do anything to himself. but he keeps saying that he cant promise that. that everything everyone is making everything worse. what did i do? what if he hurts himself!!!???? wud it b my fault? is it my fault? my god:bang::icon_sad:

2. Laura17

Laura17 Guest

First of all, if he hurts himself then it is definitely NOT your fault. He should have other things to live for. And though it sounds cruel, then I believe you gotta be selfish when it comes to love. He shouldn't hold you back. But of course you should help him trough this, but don't do it alone. Tell one of his friends or maybe his family about it. They're gona want to help him too. You have done nothing wrong by making yourself happy.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)No its not your fault, and you shouldnt let him make you think it is. Just be there for him and help him, in the long run you will both be better off for it.(*hug*)

4. jotheoneandonly

i am in exactly the same position. i comfort him, he is still my bestfriend after all. it does get annoying how he keeps saying that he still loves me and that he wants to be with me he just doesn't get it!! im gay and he knows it he just doesn't want to admit it to himself, awww poor him. i think you should talk to him and make him see a good reason why you broke up with him, even if it is that you just don't like him anymore. poeple change over time, he will get over it.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You did what you had to do. Nobody should build their life so it's reliant on a single entity, be it an inanimate object or another person. Because things break, and people change. You're handling it correctly. Tell him you understand what he's going through, and you'll always be his friend, but you're not getting back with him.

Lex

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not your fault. Let someone else who is close to him know what is going on, continue to be his friend but make sure he doesn't think you'll take him back (unless you will, but that's not what I gathered...).

7. starfish

If you think he may hurt himself, give his parents a call and let them know.

Like others have said it is not your responsibility. You need to live your life for you and when he calms down he will move on too.

8. Mickey

It's really emotional blackmail. If you don't do what he wants,he's threatening to hurt himself. Don't allow him to do this to you. If he does something like that,it's on him and not you. You can't stay in a relationship because someone is threatening this.
    It's not fair to you. If he continues to do this,tell his mom or someone who can talk to him.

9. Pendrin2020

This is where you get counselors and adults involved... Pronto. All of the above statements apply, but tell the adults NOW.

10. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It won't be your fault if he hurts himself. He is only saying that because he couldn't handle the break up. Guys will say some crazy stuff just to keep someone with them, which is pretty low if you ask me.

11. Jim1454

Exactly. He needs help if that's his reaction to you breaking up with him after going out for 2 months. And if he didn't really mean it, then he deserves to be embarassed for making thos kind of statements.