1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable To come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ChocolateWhore, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ChocolateWhore

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am unable to come out to tell my family that I am gay but my friends know I am gay. I find it hard to tell my family cause they might reject me. I got alot of issues and I know its hard to come out but I just think I need more time.

2. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just come out whenevery you're ready to. However, depending on how your family is, it may be better to come out at certain times. If your family is supportive of LGBT people, I don't think they would reject you. However, just take your time with it and wait until you are certain that you're ready.

3. SusanBee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I empathize with your struggles in deciding to share your whole self with family members...I have one sister who I think might be accepting and another sister as well as my mom who are both very religious. Unfortunately, they have both expressed in the past some unwillingness to accept people who identify as "other than straight" so I have hesitated on all fronts...I offer you my best and most earnest wishes that you are able to share with your family when you're ready as I also work toward that goal...maybe for now, just know you're not alone...

4. musicman1982

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you feel you can't come out to your family, it's completely understandable. If you feel your safety would be in danger; it's probably best to not mention it, if you are still living with your parents. If you are still in high or senior school (Below college age) wait until you have completed school, so then you can start working on building a life for yourself, because if you have a problem with your parents and they don't accept you then you have your own circle of friends or maybe other family members who can support you through the troubling time you are going through, because then you can get to see who the real people you can trust.

5. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just take as much time as you need, only come out if you feel you're ready, if you're worried about your family rejecting you maybe try and see where they stand on gay marriage etc, that could help you to know how supporting they'll be.