1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guy at my school...how can i help him?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by fallendream, Feb 7, 2009.

1. fallendream

this guy is in year 7 at my school(were in england) he gets picked on for 'looking gay' how can i help him? im fairly sure helping him would be suicide for me...and the teachers do nothing...

2. fallendream

also ive tried talking to him but he wont talk back...or wont say anything other than go away...

3. kosmik44

kosmik44 Guest

say that you are gay and they will leave him alone. because they will think calling him gay is offensive to you so they'll stop. but if they are homophobic i got nothin

4. fallendream

they know im gay though :| ......theyve also tried to say things to me...but im one of the few people that can get away with most things at our school...

5. crystaltriforce

i say you should just tell those guys that are picking on him to leave him the fuck alone. and if you want to talk to him try to hang out with him at lunch by sitting at the same table.

6. fallendream

ill try...theres only one that would be a problem...im sure a few 'gentle taps' on the head will sort it

7. riddlerno1

Also, just be a friend to this guy. At my high school, there was a guy who was picked on for being gay and although i wasnt a close friend of his, i wouldnt mind sitting next to him and chatting and stuff. Granted this guy was able to hold his own and would often stand up to the bullies. However, the one thing that sticks out is in one tutorial in the final year we were asked what was our best memory and this guy stands up and says on the first day when he was so scared about starting high school and people were making comments, i sat with him and said it'll be ok, don't worry! Now i dont know if he was makin this up cos i dont remember saying anything but hey if it is true, then shows how much just simple things like being there can make a difference for someone.

8. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Make conversation but dont bring up the bully subject right away. Might scare him off. Find something, other than homosexuality and bullinging, to talk about that you might have in common. He's used to being defensive so you have to work a little harder to bring that barrier down.

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Surely you have some teachers in that school willing to step up and do something to help this kid. What about the principal?

10. fallendream

theres countless anti-bullying camppaigns and they know about this kid...they just wont do anything unless someone jumps forward...my school doestn do confedentiality...

11. Charles Marcus

maybe give him adress of empty closets? and tryto be not too friendly it can scary him away.