1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for responses to my coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TNT, Feb 6, 2016.

1. TNT

TNT

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last night, I came out to three people who are important to me. I did it by email, because it seemed like a really good idea at the time. Really, it was the only way I could do it. Craft messages to each and send them out without the ability to recall them.

This morning, I'm still happy I did it, but I'm getting a little restless that two of three haven't responded yet. Are they upset or put off? Likely not, as one says she's bi and the other says he's gay. Probably neither has actually seen the email yet.

Still, it's kind of a nervous time.

I've got to say that the third person was just great about the whole thing. We got into an usually detailed email exchange in which she also came out in a way.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see what happens.

2. Gay1234

Ya don't worry I'm sure they just didn't log on to their email yet. This is the disadvantage though of doing it by email, you can't judge their reactions by looking at their fsce

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether it goes good or bad, it always takes time to sink in. Waiting is the hardest part. And yea, some people do not check email often.

4. TNT

TNT

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey, just to let you know, I got the responses. Of course, everybody's very supportive, though I wish my gay friend had shown some enthusiasm towards me. I didn't expect that he would... we may have been friends since junior high but that doesn't mean I'm his type.