1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings coming back?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rocking23, Feb 7, 2009.

1. rocking23

Back story: Back in grade 9, I met this guy named Sammy. For about 4 months I was crushing on him. Then the crushing went away.

Present day: Lately, when I see him him the hall, my crush and feelings for him have been coming back. So a few days ago, I had a dream... He and I were lying next to eachother on a hill. Then he crawled on top of me, and I woke up the second before we kissed.
    To be honest, I lived the dream and would love to kiss him. But I can't help but think of the fact of how much of an ass he can be...

I'm a bit confused, what do you make of this?

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! From the sound of it, your feelings for him are definitely back and perhaps stronger than they were before. It seems like that you know him somewhat. I would say maybe try to get to him a little bit better and see as to whether your feelings for him are 'confirmed' or if they go away. Sometimes, the more we get to know someone we can gage as to whether there is a chance as to whether something develops.

On the other hand if you know him well, and you know there is a small chance of anything happening or developing down the road, then you have to try moving on again as best as you can. Try to create space and distance between the two of you. Try to hang out more with your friends. Try to make new friends by joining an activity at your school or at the local community centre. Try to keep busy so that your mind doesn't wonder off in all kinds of directions. Yes, it can be hard but with time you will get to a point where you won't think about him as much anymore.

I hope this helps a bit!