1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lonely, unsure what to do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by m18bcr, Feb 8, 2016.

1. m18bcr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all,

I've so far came out to 6 people. They have all been fine with it. I went out with them and a few others on Friday night. Another gay guy I know and like was also at the same club. I was sending him pretty strong signals all night. At about 2am, he came over to dance/talk with me. It was at that point that I completely froze, basically blanked him as I realised people would recognise me speaking to a gay guy, I am also very shy so would have trouble speaking to him without drink. I would be out to everybody if I got off with him, which I wanted to. Now, 3 days on and I feel fucking terrible about it. I don't know what to do. Do I
    a) keep sending him signals, hope he is still interested, and then be out to everybody when I kiss him
    b) forget about him, ignore him, and feel incredibly lonely once more. I have never had any contact with any guy that I like. I feel like if he was there for me to talk to, I wouldn't feel as lonely as I am right now.

Or any other options. Please help I'm very low right now feeling terrible about myself.

2. Exotica

Out Status:
    A few people
    You should go for it! You deserve to be happy, and you shouldn't be afraid of coming out, don't let it hold you back. If people have a problem with you when you come out then they don't deserve your friendship, that may be hard but think about it, that means they really aren't the nicest of people. Relationships can be wonderful, and stopping yourself form having them just because of other people isn't fair on you, you shouldn't let them control your life.

Good luck!

3. anon004200

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    text him! now!!!

4. ochoaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's a few things you could do.

- You could tell him and explain to him exactly what you're feeling, and he may understand more about what your situation is.

- You could just go for it and let everyone figure everything else out.

- Or you could come out (if it's safe for you to), and then go for it.

I hope I helped :3 and good luck with him!

#4 ochoaj, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016