1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I ask for your help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by georgekvd, Feb 9, 2016.

1. georgekvd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello my name is George im from Greece i have relationship with a guy for 4 years now and im very happy..recently i took the decition to tell my parents that im Gay and i have a relationship...They din't take so good so my father kicked me out he said that there is no place in the house for a gay like me... :/ i moved to my boyfriend's house now but im so desperate i dont know what to do...should i try again speak with my parents?

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey George. I'm sorry that you are having to go through that. How long has it been? They probably need time to get their heads around the whole thing. Eventually I think you should try and talk to them, but they are going to need time.

3. georgekvd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    three days now...I took decision to share my family...i dint want to hide anymore all i want was to be me and share my happiness with the people that i love most,my fimaly i dint expect that result...im so confused...my boyfriend says that everything happens for a reason and i have to leave all the bad things behind and move forward but i dont know..He suggest to leave Greece and be together for real without hiding from everyone but i dont know...

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, George.

Welcome to EC. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. It's got to be terrifying.

Remember that in telling your parents, you're sharing something you've been working through for quite a long time. Your parents have heard it for the first time, and as anyone deals with a loss (in this case, the loss of perception that you're straight), there are 5 stages we go through: denial-anger-bargaining-grief-acceptance. So your dad is likely in the anger stage.

What we know from what we've seen with the thousands of people here on EC as well as from the research in the field, is that the overwhelming majority of parents eventually come around and are OK with their child being gay. It may take some time -- a few days or a few months, or somewhere in between -- but it's often at the shorter end of the scale.

I'd give it a few days, maybe a week or two, and then perhaps reach out to your mother and talk to her first and see how things are.

5. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that was a very brave thing to do (I was able to get the courage to tell my mom, but not my dad yet). I'm proud of you- even if the result wasn't what you were hoping for. I can understand what your boyfriend is saying. Things do happen for a reason and it's good to get away from the negative. The problem is that they are still your parents and you still care for them. It must be hard to not have their support. It has only been three days and that is a hard thing for a parent to hear. They may come around eventually.

6. georgekvd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sure I agree that some things need time and thought to manage with..But do you think we will have the relationship that we use to have or I will always be the gay son that he didn't become what they want to..

7. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's hard to tell. It might be different, but different is not necessarily a bad thing. I think that it's too early to tell. It all depends.

8. georgekvd

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    these are my worst days the last 24 years im alive..staying to a friend house feel lonely without money and no secure...
    caant think much more going to sleep hope better days coming

9. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better days will come. I'm sure of it. Have hope <3