1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should i do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, Feb 9, 2009.

1. hoping

A week ago i was home alone and mums bf just got so incredibly angry just cause there was bread on the bench and he threw the bread container over the bench and then when mum asked him about it he punched doors and walls
    He has that i forget what the first part is called, um stress disorder where you get flash backs and bad depression.
    He also is very open with ideas of commiting illegal acts like he told my sister he was going to run over her boyfriend.
    The thing is im scared of being around him alone cause he owns lots of guns.
    The thing is someone who has that disorder and has shown that they are capable of lots of anger should they even be able to own guns? i mean they were taken off him before and he said he sees a shrink in sydney and yet hes never there.
    What should i do?
    Also he was a cop for 15 years and has many friends in the police still, if i went to the police about him what should i say or what if his mates heard about it?

2. EM68

It sounds like he has post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you are in fear of you safety then get out of there! I know that sometimes your dad can drive you nuts, but I would try to stay with him. If not try to stay with Ryan for a little bit.

I would not talk to his friends in the police. First of all there is not much they can do if he has not broken any laws. Secondly they may tell him that you are talking to him and it could make the situation worse. Do what you need to do for your own safety. (*hug*)

3. curiousdude

Yeah, I'd get the hell out of there. I don't know about Australia's laws, but in most US states you or anyone threatened by him could get a protection order which would include all guns being taken from him.