1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel like almost everyone already knows/ thinks so

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jp97, Feb 13, 2016.

1. jp97

I have been thinking about this for sometime. I came to this conclusion based on the fact that I have been asked quite a few times and my friends and I joke about it as well, as the fact that I am not super hetero-acting. I also don't say no when they ask but laugh it off and change the subject. All this makes me feel that if I were to come out everyone would be like "well duhhhhhhhhhhhh!". Anyone else feel this way in regards to how well you hide your sexuality or how people view you?

2. Kj802

It is very possible they already suspect you might be. The first person I came out to said she knew it since she met me. I thought I hid it pretty well, but apparently not. I'm still told by her that some people continuously ask of I'm gay, she of course denies that because it's up to me to tell them. Point is there is a chance that people already suspect and think you are gay. But if anything it makes coming out s lot less painful if they expect it. But yes I know I have felt this and do still sometimes. So you are not alone in that respect. Xx

3. DanP

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have yet to come out, but I know exactly where you are coming from. My friends I'm guessing all assume, because they've stopped asking me about why I don't date girls, and they've asked me before whilst drunk. Everybody is going to make assumptions, it's only natural, but you're the only person who can confirm or deny that, so don't be scared to tell them!