1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the more im happy the harder it gets

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cromig, Feb 9, 2009.

1. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha i just noticed how perverted that title is but its not what i ment.

i feel really bad b/c i feel like im holding my bf back, like im not as good as he thinks i am. i mean i think he can do so much better. but he does make me extremly happy.

now heres the part where i sound like a total whore :frowning2:
    this guy msged me the other day on myspace. i replyed and we have been talking.... alot, more than i talk to my bf... i feel really unloyal and a total ass. i mean me and this guy arent flirting or anything just talking. i still feel bad.

but then there is my fam. i really am sick of this double life shit. i know its not the right thing to blame things on ppl but they are the reason i drink and do shit now... they make me unhappy and the more i try to be happy the further i feel from them. idk what to do!!!! help meh!!!

2. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a) you are ALWAYS the reason you drink or
    . Don't blame that on other people, unless they are physically forcing it down your throat...
    b) can you tell your parents and family? If you can't tell them everything, at least tell them parts...
    c) most people would not feel bad about simply talking to someone... Are you sure there aren't more issues in your relationship? (It might just be that you are really moral about that sort of thing, I don't know you well enough to distinguish that...)

Those might sound harsh, that was not the intent... I sincerely hope you figure this all out.

3. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i always feel bad for even thinking about being wif some1 else

4. Sarah

ur not being unloyal. ur not flirting or anything. so ur totally loyal. nd ir ur bf says ur great im sure u are! dont doubt urself. i dont tat plenty nd ppl always tell me that im great. and im finally beginning to believe them. if ur drinking and doing other $h*! then i think that the only way u can b happier or want to mak urself stop is to tell ur family. nd honestly u cant blame a person on what ur doing unless they physically mak u. if u cant tell them then mayb u shud talk to someone about how ur feeling about not being able to tell ur family or something. soooooo idk if i helpd i hope i did! :slight_smile: i hope it gets better for u

5. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there is something more going on... It's not just, "oh they're a cool person, I'd like to talk to them", but more of a "I wouldn't mind being with them"? ...or am I off base.
    If you would rather be with someone else, I think you need to sort that out with your bf...

(and a note to all who have already posted, including the OP, proper grammar always helps legibility and usefulness...)

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blake's definitely not understanding the situation (sorry Blake).

Okay cromig basically you aren't flirting with this guy so it's no big deal. Sometimes people can talk to other people even easier than with their own boyfriends, it's just how life works. As for the family thing, just find out how they feel about homosexuality, if they are probably fine with it then seriously come out you'll feel so much better and you will probably tell yourself you no longer need to drink and do shit. But Blake is right in saying they aren't making you drink you're passing off you're feelings of hiding and possible depression coming from it (even if you don't feel depressed) into other activities ie. drinking. I hope it helps.

7. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which is why I was trying to figure it out.
    I understand that he is not flirting or anything, but he did say that he "feel(s) bad for even thinking about being wif some1 else" which either means that he would feel bad IF he even though that, or that he feels bad THAT he though that. I am trying to figure out which one it is.
    If it is the first (if) than there is no problem, if it's the second, then there are some issues...

Edit: this is not meant to sound argumentative, I hope no one takes it that way.

8. myra

I've heard this advice somewhere on here before. I think it was becky or lex that said it. If its not something you would tell your boyfriend about, then you are cheating. Have you told him about this other guy online?

You say you feel guilty about it. It sounds like an emotional affair. This happens alot with people when they aren't satisfied with the relationship they are in. Emotional affairs are just that. An emotional thing. You can be more yourself with that person than with the person you are dating. There is no sex or anything physical...at first...with an emotional affair. But it can escalate to that.

As for the other things...well...its up to you on how to deal with that. You do have a choice on drinking and doing other harmful activities. You have to find more healthy ways to vent other than doing damage to yourself. If need be, speak with a therapist. But the first way to make things better is to get rid of the bad things you have control over. Alcohol is a depressant. Its not going to make you feel better in the end.

I hope this helped a little.

9. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^
    That is what I was trying to say... I fail at expressing myself clearly.

10. bruenor92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ok well drinkin isnt a bad thing, i do it, not alot, mainly on weekends but its not cuz im depressed, its bcuz im lookin to have fun and thats just one way for me to have fun, so u cant criticize sem1 4 it, anyways, i told my friend about me 2day and i did really feel like amazing, i even got to tlk to her about stuff shes never talked to other ppl about, so tellin ppl about u can sumtimes open new doors for u. just dont tell sum1 if u know or have the feeling they wont like it, dont take a chance if ur not sure

11. cromig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    just an update.
    i broke all contact with the other guy. i didnt want to be mean but i heard a song and it tore me apart, especially cuz i was with him in the car. im proud of myself lol, even though i should have never gotten where i was. thanks for the help everyone!!!