1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out ...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by meh77, Feb 17, 2016.

1. meh77

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I finally did come out - yesterday I phoned a friend and told her i was a lesbian (I am 29yrs old) and she was very nice about it , I still feel a bit nervous actually I am not sure how I should be feeling but I feel a bit of freedom. I have finally come to terms with my sexuality and I might add that yes I do feel happier but it was not easy for me. I guess I didn't think it was important to disclose my sexual orientation but as a result of that I suppose i was hiding from myself ... My parents suspect that I am gay my sister is gay and in full support and proud of me as well) I am not sure what is expected of me ...

2. Eye Shine

I'm so happy that you found some people to come out to. It's good to come out to people that are in your life and it only gets easier wit time. Nothing is expected from you though. All they know is that you like chicks. They may ask for your relationship status afterwards, but you could just say no one yet or so and so. Other than that most people accept it graciously and will support you. Especially in liberal states like New York.

Good job and have great day friend