1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by insert name, Feb 18, 2016.

1. insert name

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey
    I came out to my parents and I'm out to everyone who asks as a bisexual person. I don't think that my parents treated this serious because to them bisexuality doesn't exist, either you're straight or gay, but it was very hard to me and I don't want to came out again. As a trans person I came out to two of my best friends, they accepted it and they're supportive, my girlfriend also knew but it's over of our relationship since last Saturday so we won't talk about her.
    I think about telling my other friend, she's accepting so I think it won't be so bad and it will be easier to us to talk when we're in group. But there are my parents too. I think that they'll accept this but I have no idea how to come out to them, I'm afraid of rejection. It's very important to me but I'm too scared to do anything. Idk I just wanted to write to someone who has experience in things like these I just couldn't sit quiet all the time because my friends can't really help, they're supportive but they don't understand how hard is it.
    I don't want to write more so...

2. galaxythief

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to my parents as transgender about a month and a half ago, at the moment I think they think I like women, but I don't. My mom has admitted to me that she really doesn't know what it feels like, and doesn't understand what I'm going through, but is still very supportive and she is trying to find out more about what I'm going through.
    For you, I would suggest to do one of two things if you really feel like you need to come out.
    1. Tell your most supportive parent first. If this means figuring out which one is more supportive, do that. Bring up a trans issue and see what their thoughts are. If they react feeling sympathetic towards those people, continue. And if you can't say it out loud, write a letter or email. That was something I had to do, but I am gradually getting more comfortable with talking about it.
    2. Sit both of them down and say it or give them a letter. The most important thing is that they understand that you're uncomfortable with the body you have and you want them to support you.
    Hope this helps!

3. insert name

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I'm not ready yet, there's too much going on right now I can't control my emotions and what I do and if they'd reject me I'd be total mess. I'll wait till my life gets little more stabile.
    But thank you for your answer it gave me hope that I'll do it someday and it'll be fine :slight_smile: