1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by state-champs, Feb 20, 2016.

1. state-champs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just came to terms with my sexuality not too long ago (about 10 months ago). I've known that I had an attraction to the same gender and other genders since I was in 2nd grade. I didn't accept it until recently. Here's a little background info on my family and friends. This is why I haven't told them yet.

Mom and Sister: Mom grew up in a Christian family. Went to church a lot up until my sister and I were 6. Mom doesn't believe in the idea of same sex relationships or marriages... also claims to not have a problem with gays, but I believe it were her own child she'd change her mind real quick. They don't think bisexuality exists. Pansexuality is probably out of the question too.

Rest of my family: I only have one gay cousin in my entire family (which is a lot of people). I'm not exactly sure what their opinions on gay marriage is or gay people in general is. My dad's stepson is gay and I asked him what his thoughts were on that..He said that he didn't care about his sexuality because it doesn't take away who he is as a person.

So my question is should I tell my family about my sexuality or keep it a secret until I get into a relationship with someone of the same sex or whatever? :icon_sad::icon_redf