1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i come out to some of my friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Walking, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do I come out of the closet to some of my friends? So, I already know one of my friends is bisexual and every time I am talking to her she mentions something like gay intercourse, or this one guy that she really thinks that I like,(I like him but he is not sincere enough I think). Then, in response I just say no and hide in the dark corner of my soul and deny. But every time this happens it hurts me deeper every time. I know she will tell like 2 people, but then those 2 people Turns into 20 then 40 and so on. This is what really gets me hurt because I don't want it to reach my girlfriend or anyone I want to not know. I know she is okay with gays and lesbians and bisexuals and etc. but I don't want her to think I love her any less or don't love her at all. Then, another problem is that when we first started dating I tried to tell gf that I'm bisexual, but I only got to 'some gay feelings that just were out of nowhere'.I guess she thought I would break up with her because I took so long and she started to cut herself with a razor and I was crying even worse because I was scared that she was hurt. I'm just lost on how to say this to a small group of friends without it going 'viral'.
    I just want to get my hurt out and say it, but I don't know how to say it while keeping it on the dl until I am ready.

2. NonsenseSpeaker

Well, you just got to tell some friends who won't tell anyone. I know some of them who will make it go 'viral' might not be the ones you would tell. I'm only out to one friend, but I didn't tell them. We just started writing a journal of our lives. And that's how I came out to them. I told them because I knew that they weren't the type of person who would tell anybody. That's just speaking for myself though. There's many other ways to come out. Like giving hints, writing a letters or straight-forwardly tell them.

3. Eye Shine

Your friend is bi so that's a plus in it of itself. It would be easier to tell her. I think whoever you decide to tell you should just say somewhere along the lines of. "Hey so and so, I really appreciate you hearing me out. I'm not ready to tell anyone else yet and I want this to just be between us. I'm trusting this with you because you are my friend. I believe in you." Then commence hug as she agrees.

You may want to include why full details and the whole story.

Typically when people know the whole story and they support you they won't do anything that hurts you emotionally or physically.

Hope I helped. Feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk. Have a great day sir!

4. funsized

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my best friend gradually and he let me take my time with it. He probably already knew I was bi. But he supported me through it all. I waited until I felt that I could trust him totally. My advice to you is easy: tell her if you trust she won't tell anyone else.

5. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm coming out tomorrow to her and I am dying now

6. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Today is the day

7. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Goodluck :slight_smile: Keep us updated :slight_smile:

8. Sleeping Owl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck! I was gonna say, she probably won't tell others because she appreciates what you're going through as she (probably) went through something similar herself. She'll respect your privacy.

9. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know I didn't see her today and I don't want to text it , but I need to say it so I'll see what she says omg I'm just scared

10. Walking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Omg here it is So you know every time you say something about dildos or something to me and you always hint that I'm gay and stuff . And I just put my head down and it really hurts me down in the inside and every time you do it it hurts even worse every time more and more so I want you to know that and it hurts so much and I want you to stop because it fucking hurts me and this takes every thing in me to do this but I'm not completely straight and I'm i don't know I'm bisexual and I So I don't know, I am quite a lot more sexually attracted to cute guys (but only a small select few)
    But then I like girls' personalitys a lot more. Then, I would love guy only if he was really cute and he had a great passive but fun and sometimes sincere and cute and flamboyant but not to passive personality. Also I don't want to get in a relationship with a guy yet because I'm not ready and you are the first person so DONT tell anyone you can tell ------but tell her NOT to tell anyone else I don't want to face my gf just yet and anyone else and I'm just not ready yet but your the first so please please don't tell anyone and please stop with the references you make directed at me it really really hurts me so please don't tell anyone this tool everything in me to press send don't say anything I just put on a smile l and hide the pain but when I'm alone I want to kill my self so please stop and understand

#10 Walking, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016