1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow down or just keep at current pace

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by casjerem, Feb 11, 2009.

1. casjerem

casjerem Guest

ok, i havent been out for that long, but i have all ready put myself out there. never having been in a relationship with a guy, im kinda eager to find a guy to be with, and i have! his name is Chris and he is the coolest, nicest, sweetest guy ever. But my little issue is that i may be falling for him, and he is only my first guy. I've heard that one out of the first million relationships work out the first time, but im not putting hope on that. Another issue though is, i met him online. I actually met him a few days ago, like on saturday. We started chatting online, but were already talking on the phone already, we talk like everyday. I dont think its much a big deal, but my friends are telling me that im going to fast. I would agree that they have a point, but like i tell them, its not like im going to meet him anytime soon (yah, i havent met him yet). So im just telling my story, and would like some advice as to when we should meet. I would like to meet him soon, but i know that would be way to fast, so i was thinking maybe 2 or 3 months, till were more comfortable and know each other more, not that we already are. Another idea i had, which was thanks to my friends, would be to ask them to help me meet him when i do, since they are edgy about me meeting this guy. All and all though, i can wait to meet him, im just happy that i have met someone i can talk to. My biggest, and it may not show, is that i get heart broken. So if you guys could give me some advice, i would appreciate it so much.

2. My advice would be to
    a) give it some time...at least a couple weeks. and it depends on where he lives as well, it might not be immediatly convinient for either of you.
    b) go somewhere public and with someone you trust. even if they are sitting a little ways away from you, make sure you are not trapped! socially or physically.
    Be Cautious.
    Though optimistically I hope he really is the guy he appears to be!
    :icon_bigg

3. EM68

Take your time with him. Its tough. When you are with someone you like its sometimes hard to know if you are falling for someone too fast. Is he older than you? If you want to meet him meet him some place public like a coffee shop or a mall. Don't agree to go back to his place or take him to yours for the first time. When you go out let your friends know that you are going out. Good Luck!

#3 EM68, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  4. casjerem

casjerem Guest

tnks guys. he doesnt live far from me, which is actually a good thing because it would be hard for me to have a long distance relationship and not be able to go see that person because of so much distance. He is 20, older then me, but not a big issue for me. im taking it as slow as possible, but in the end, im just afraid of having my heart broke cause im falling in love with the dude. also, i've been talking to him lately, and its seems like he liking me more and more everyday. though there are some issues like the awkward silence on the phone when we have both said what we wanted to say on a certain topic. the silence doesnt last long, but it has me worried that he may be bored at times. i try to talk about something and he starts talking about it as well, but eventually, the discussion ends, and then the awkward silence*...........*. should i be worried, i mean, should i be more lively or what. idk what to do.

5. are you bored in the awkward silence? its possible you both feel the same way....awkward! ask him; he should be honest about that.
    and no one wants their heart broken.....sometimes that is the risk of love.....get to know him before you jump too far