1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HeronsStorm, Feb 11, 2009.

1. HeronsStorm

Okay, I'm pretty sure most of you know that Valentines Day is coming up (at school we celebrate on Friday). Recently (about a month now) I've developed this small crush (okay, I would REALLY like to date her) on a girl thats in my English class. I wanted to do something for her for Valentines day without the cliche bouquet of roses, chocolates, etc. Personally I think a gift on a day like that should be more personal.

She doesn't know that I like her, and we're casual friends. What I wanted to do was draw her a picture with Madonna Lilies. My friends all say that I'm an amazing artist, and to me this isn't as big as they might make it out to be (they over dramatize everything), plus I don't want anyone to know it was me unless it was the crush that figured it out herself. However, I was worrying today about what her reaction would be. I wouldn't be hurt if she thought it was another person that had given to her, I would be signing it anonymous, so I would naturally take this risk. Would it be considered creepy/stalkerish though? I thought it would be considered sweet, but other people may not think so. She's a pretty laid back and friendly person that loves be friends with everyone.

Here's a basic picture of what I'm drawing, not positioned that way though.. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Miles D

I think that's sweet! I know most people give roses or chocolate, but drawing something and spending your time on it seems more romantic than going to a store and buying chocolate. :grin:
    good luck!

3. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think i would like the drawing better if i was the girl you have a crush on. :grin: I know i'd like it if some guy made me something special or drew/painted something or whatever. :slight_smile: mediumdietcoke's right. it means more if you spend time instead of money to put love into it.

4. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Miles and punkrocker99, go for it! I would love it so much if a girl did that for me... *sighs wistfully*

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say go ahead and give it to her. But not anonymously. That'll just start a "who gave this to me?" thing, and soon everybody will know. Just draw it, and give it to her. "I drew you a little something. Hope you like it." :slight_smile:

Lex

6. Absentminded

I agree with everyone here. Especially Lex. It would start some confusion and stuff if you signed it anonymous.

7. Lychee

That is awesome :grin:

8. limfjord96

I think with the whole spirit of the holliday, that anonymous is pretty cool. I gave a crush of mine (girl randomly) a rose on her desk and some chocolate truffles, i actually went into work at 2 am to set it up, and i never told her it was from me, but the entire office was talking about it, and some figured it out but she never did, then she got married and knocked up. But the moment was awesome. lol and that particular flower is just so cool looking, id say go for it.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say go for it! I can see the advantages in being anonymous and in telling her that it was you, but if you think doing it anonymously is the only way you'll have the courage to do it, then I'd stick with that. It doesn't seem creepy to me, just very sweet.

10. loving the pink

I would be chuffed if a girl did that for me... its such a thoughtful gesture. Write your name on it, be proud of what you created. Good Luck!