1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Trace, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Trace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok, I thought this didn't bother me, but it actually slowly killing me on the inside.
    My best friend got her first boyfriend a few months ago, I was slightly jelous, but when they got together, she just stopped talking to me, ignored me, and just didn't want anything to do with me. Now that they broken up, I thought things will go back to the way things were but they have gotten worst. I mean I don't want our friendship to end with her, but what do I do?

2. Sarah

hmmm. idk. i think u shud try to talk to her. ask her what happened and y she stopped talk to u. tell her u hope tat u can be friends again. tats all i can think of to do. just try ur best to talk to her

3. Nicroxsblu

Nicroxsblu Guest

The best advice I could give for starters, is to just go up and talk to her, ask her why she stopped talking to you and say something like "I really miss spending time with you." Depending on her responce, you go from there, but if afterward she still ignores you, I'd say it's time to move on. If she isn't willing to put any effort into the friendship, then she isn't a very good friend anyway. I hope things go well for you, keep us updated. :slight_smile: Good luck.

- Nicroxsblu

4. Dazed

Dazed Guest

ok first thing (*hug*)

thats weird that she just stopped talking.
    did she have any reason to be mad at you at all?
    did her new boyfriend not like you? because sometimes girls get stupid ideas in their head from other people.

try to talk to her. if she wont talk to you in person talk to her online.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds to me like her boyfriend didn't want her spending time with you, he might have been jealous of your friendship and wanted to keep her all to himself. Now that it's over, do you think you could write her a letter? If she won't talk to you in person, maybe she'll pay attention to something in writing.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It'll be up to you to make the move, and up to her if she wants to take it. Invite her out to grab a burger or something, and tell her you're sorry about her relationship falling apart.

Lex

7. kayar

Yeah, definately all of the above - with one BIG thing added! Whether you write or you spend some time with her doesn't really matter, but DON'T critisize her ex boyfriend and DON'T comment on whether you're glad or not that things didn't work out between them. Even though it's over between them, she may still be a little 'delicate' about what you might say. How you react and what you say will perhaps make the difference between renewing your friendship with her, or going seperate ways from now on. By all means explain how you miss the friendship you both enjoyed, that would be good; but after that let her lead the conversation if possible.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you both. Good friendship is precious, and all too rare.