1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, I got drunk and came out to a bunch of people at a party.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Benway, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So the other night a friend of mine was holding a little get together and decided we should all get drunk and celebrate a certain event that happened in our lives recently and I guess I got really drunk and started running my mouth about how cute his hair was and he was like "Bro, do you even have sex with guys?" And I told him (albeit my drunken version) of how I had sex with a guy just recently and everybody cheered me on, like, everybody who already had suspicions of my sexuality was just really happy I came out then and there.

I feel kind of weird about though. The fact that I had to be inebriated to disclose my sexuality is not something I'm super proud of. Whenever I drink, I tend to drink a lot and when I do, I always run my mouth. In this case I think I just got lucky that I was surrounded by understanding friends who are all pretty tight-lipped. But the fact remains.

I haven't seen anybody from the party since, and I'm not sure if everybody remembers what went down (it got... pretty crazy) because of how drunk they were, but how should I approach my friends when I see them, next? Like I always would? Or should I prepare myself to explain myself?

2. smurf

Well, congrats! lol

It depends on your friends, but most likely they will wait to get a cue from you. Everyone will have the same couple of questions "Does he remember? Does he want to talk about it?"

So is up to you to decide whether you do want to acknowledge it or not. It can be so easy as "Last time it got crazy. Kinda can't believe I came out like that" and take it from there.

3. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm damned skippy one of them remembers it, as he's friends with the girl I lost my virginity to and had an HIV scare from (I'm negative, I got tested two years after the fact) who I want nothing to do with. Even when I'm drunk I'm very careful what I say around him about her, especially. As for the friend who hosted the party, I'm pretty sure he forgot, as he passed out on the staircase when I was leaving. He was just overjoyed about what we were celebrating and overdid it, even by my standards.