1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm starting to think its noticeable

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gillisland, Feb 23, 2016.

1. gillisland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So today my friend asked if I was gay. I said no. First of all because there were many people around, and second of all, because this guy that's extremely rude to just about anything was right next to us, and was listening. My friend said that my best friend told someone else and they told my other friend that asked me if I was. So naturally I got mad at my friend that apparently told someone. They said that they would never do that and I believed them because it was true. So with that information I went to my friend that asked me and I told him that she didn't say anything, so he told me he would text the other guy and see where he got the idea. Still no response so I don't know what to think. But all I know is that he must've thought that for a reason and that reason would most likely be that I "act" like it. Also someone else questioned my sexuality that day. I'm pretty much lost in the idea of what to do.

2. FelixJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that it may just be that word is getting around more than it being noticeable. Or it could simply be that people have noticed you haven't had a girlfriend. Either way, your classmates on the whole seem cool about it all. I personally wouldn't loose sleep over it :slight_smile:

3. ginger019723

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The last thing I would do is worry about what anyone else has to say about you. When I was your age, even the teachers called me gay (I was flaming, but that's not the point). The point is that you are gay. And even if you don't want people to know you're gay, they're noticing, you're rocking it, and they don't seem to mind. And even if they did, it's none of their business.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For what it's worth, most people that think they're doing an amazing job of hiding their sexual orientation... aren't. At least, not from people who have good gaydar. And it's sort of paradoxical, but very often, the harder you try to hide it, the more obvious you make yourself.

The best advice I can give is to do your best to be yourself. And... in middle school, one needs to recognize, unfortunately, that once you tell a single person, it is nearly impossible to keep the knowledge from spreading like wildfire. It's simply too "juicy" gossip not to be shared, usually with a "you have to promise you won't breathe a word of this to anyone"... which simply makes it all the more enticing to want to tell someone.

Not OK, not the way things should be... but pretty much the reality.

So, the sooner you can simply come to terms with being yourself and being OK with others knowing... not the easiest thing in middle school... the better off you'll be.

5. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny because I have not experienced any rumors about me and I've been out to a couple of good friends of mine. Then again, I'm a senior in high school. Seniors are much more mature than middle schoolers are.

6. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I personally think he is too young to be dating. Although this makes me wonder if my classmates think the same about me. :icon_conf