1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jdrhalls, Feb 23, 2016.

1. jdrhalls

For my whole life it's been hard to talk to people. Once I decided I needed to come out, I didn't know how. So far I've come out to one single friend that I know I can trust, but I'm afraid of others reactions. I don't know how anybody is going to react. It's hard to find the courage to even hint at it, and I really need help from the community.

2. Eye Shine

Coming out is hard and I can sympathize with that fact. I have told so many different people about my sexuality in so many different ways. I have told my dad, mom, brother sister, close friends, coworkers and friends I have met from all over the world.

There is no same reaction from different people. You can get the questiony people, the people that don't say anything, the proud people, and the people that are just say "That's cool".

First, before you come out to people you have to make sure that you are confident that they will be there for you. Based on where you are from you probably have a very supportive environment. (generalization). So all you have to do is figure out how you want to go about it. Will you tell them casually? Will you tell them in a serious conversation? or if you get anxiety talking about yourself perhaps try writing a letter.

Let it be known that no reactions will be the exact same. Although you can't be scared to come out or you'll always have to hide yourself. As long as it is safe to do so coming out is usually better for one's mental and physical well being. So be positive, be brave and take the leap.

I may come off as a person that is super confident in who I am and I am willing to tell anyone about my sexuality, but I wasn't always this way. I us to be scared to high hell to tell people who I was. I use to have that freaking beating heart filled with stress and worry of the unknown. However, once you let it out. Life becomes so much easier and in the right environment it typically isn't dangerous at all. Ontario Canada from my knowledge is a good environment for the LGBT community.

After you come out to one person it becomes easier to come out to even more people. Sometimes it's fun just seeing the reaction on the person's face after you have come out to enough people.

Anyway I hope I helped a little bit in our en devour and feel free to post on my wall if you want to talk friend!

3. Allweretaken

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me being me I hate confrontation, and I an a generally shy person when I'm not with my friends. I couldn't bring myself to tell everybody face to face, so after telling one or two people face to face that I know I can trust to keep my secret until I fully came out, I posted my sexuality on fb. Telling my family however was a bit different, and I felt it should be a bit more personal. But again I did not like confrontation so I wrote a letter telling them about my sexuality. I had a personal part of the letter addressed to each one of them. I had left for the day (the day j gave them the letter) to give them time to think it over, and to give myself time to play out what might and what might not happened. In the end it turned out pretty decently. I hope this gives you some ideas of how to come out, good luck!

4. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Jdrhalls, Welcome to EC...Maybe talking here will help you talk to your friends and parents. I'm a 13 year old MtF girl...

5. FelixJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We're all here for you. I would personally let it on to your closest friends who you know will support you, not just because they can offer real time help haha. I've been out for like 2 years now and I promise it's better off out

6. jdrhalls

Thanks for all the support. I've decided to come out to another friend on the weekend. Wish me luck!
    :smilewave

7. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

It will be hard, but I was the second to come out of the trans closet, Liz was the first. I think I lost 2 friends, but my bf is supportive. You're 14, so just talk to your parents about how they feel about gay...my dad lost a cousin, because his aunt and uncle are HOMOPHOBIC... Good Luck!!

8. Louie1

:goodluck: