1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

figuring out who i am

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by carrie90, Feb 13, 2009.

1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    i have just started seeing a beautiful girl who was my best friend im confused becuase ive always had bfs and one night we got really drunk and out of no where she kissed me i totally freaked out and avoided her. Eventually i realised i liked her and we have started seeing each other but in secret in so confused and dont know what to do Im totally crazy about this girl but dont know what im doing anybody got advice?

2. Greggers

First of all, Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

Secondly, how old might you be, if your comfortable saying?

And it looks like there is no denying you have feelings for women, cause your currently seeing one and thats kinda a big deal :slight_smile: (congrats by the way on that). First thing you need to do is take a deep breath and tell yourself "Its ok. Im gay or bisexual, but its ok." cause accepting yourself is the most important, and sometimes the hardest, part of coming out. Keep seeing this girl, but dont let it go anywhere your not comfortable with and dont let the secrecy of dating her crush you. Good luck, and if you ever need to talk just send me a wall post :slight_smile: (im fully out to everyone i talk to more than once a year)

3. Bryan44

Hey, welcome to EC!!
    It sounds like you def enjoy having a female companion! There is nothing wrong with that. Its normal to be confused, trust me. As for not knowing what to do, just go with the flow of things for now, but just make sure your comfortable.Think of yourself lucky though..At least you have someone to experiment with and see what you like and what your into.

4. biisme

Hi there! Welcome to EC.

Has she ever had a girlfriend before? In general I would say the relationship is the same as any other. What does sound different about it is that you are keeping it a secret. Is it the keeping it a secret that you're unsure how to do, or the actual being in a relationship? If it's the relationship, just go slowly and take everything one step at a time, just like any other relationship.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Hey, carrie90! It sounds like you have a lovely relationship. It's a bit crazy and hard to process at the moment, but try and just enjoy the moment. Treat her well, be nice to her, expect good treatment in return, and just enjoy her company. Explore how lovely it can be to be with her.

There's no need to worry about telling other people or defining your relationship if you don't want to; it sounds like this is a time in your life when you just need to sit back, delight in life, and try and get comfortable in yourself. I know it might all be pretty confusing and frightening as it's your first relationship with a girl, but hang on in there and enjoy the ride :slight_smile:

Maybe one day when you're 80 you'll look back and remember this time as very important in your life; who knows? But just believe in yourself and your girlfriend and you'll be ok. We're all here if you need support! Hope that helped (*hug*)

6. carrie90

thnx 4 all your lovely replys you've all made me feel so welcome and your advice is very helpful. I think im gonna like this forum :slight_smile:

7. carrie90

I am seeing things clearly now i have been secretly seeing my gf 4 about 2 months now and its been confusing but things hav changed

Frankie surprised me today wen she flew back from a trip in toronto just so we cud spend valentines day 2geva. It was while we was watching a film that she told me she loved me and after she sed it i relaised that i loved her aswell

So now i think im finally ready to admit that i am GAY and im in love

8. Bryan44

wowzerz!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is awesome! CONGRATS!!! I am soo happy for you!

9. Sarah

AAAWWWWW!!! tats so sweet! :slight_smile: ur so lucky! :slight_smile: congratulations!!!!! :slight_smile: wat happened to u sounds EXACTLY lik a book i read..... lol. but. aaaaaaaanyway. CONGRATS!!!! welcome to EC im very happy for u!!!!