1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lilith3612, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Lilith3612

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I just want to get this all out so forgive me if I sort of ramble on.

I want to come out to my parents and my friends but I am just not brave enough. I have already sort of told one of my friends (I told her I have a crush on a girl) and I don't think anyone else knows... maybe.. I actually am suspecting that my dad knows since he has said, when we were talking about TV shows, that I would like an actress in a show, especially since she has red hair. Which I found pretty weird and it just felt like during that conversation he knew. There has been multiple times that I have thought about telling him but I always chicken out. I know I should probably just wait until I am able to tell people without being too afraid to, but I want to tell people...

Any advice is welcomed, I just don't really know what to do.

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend

I understand you are going through some cautious times right now. I've told multiple people this and I'll pass along my advice to you, coming out is not a race. It's a time to reflect on who you truly are. You don't need to speed through it quickly. I will admit mustering up the courage to come out is really hard to manage. My advice is go into your bathroom and say it to yourself in the mirror. Saying it to yourself helps out a ton. If there is anything you need you simply must ask and I'll try my best to help.

Love and hope,
    Wolf of The Baltic

3. Distant Echo

Write it down. Write what you want to say and practice...