1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rejected

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I can't get over this feeling of rejection. The girl I have had a crush on for about 2 years, and who once said she wanted to kiss me and that she was maybe bi, started going out with a (male) 'friend' of mine a month ago. Every time I have to see them together I just feel so bad. It doesn't help that I have never liked him at all. I have to see them at school all the time and I just hate seeing them all over each other X(

Any thoughts on how to stop thinking like this, get over her/it and reclaim my confidence?

2. littledinosaurs

Think of all the shitty things about her and make sure you remember them.
    thats what i'd do.
    and whenever you see them say to yourself "slut" lol.
    thats what i'd do.
    :\
    idk if it helps.
    i also listened to some music about breaking up, that usually helps too
    good luck and feel better

(*hug*)

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

That's some bad advice, right there.

Thing not to do include holding a grudge. Because I'm assuming that you want to still be friends with her. Allowing seething hatred to boil up inside you will ruin your friendship. There are better ways to deal with it.

First off, you need to face facts. She is not into you. It's a tough thing to think, but acknowledging the reality of the situation will help things get better.

Next, you may want to get involved in alot of activities that don't involve this friend. I'm not saying ditch her constantly, but staying busy will keep you from thinking about the situation. Try joining a book club, taking up a new sport or learning how to paint. Just make sure it's with a group of people. Another bonus of trying new things is that you are likely going to meet someone new and wonderful.

And then finally, give it time. Things may seem dark and drab now, but eventually it will get better.

If after a few weeks, you still feel terrible, try telling her how you feel about the situation. You don't have to fess up to liking her, but you could say how the touchyfeelyness makes you feel uncomfortable. She is your friend afterall and she might tone down the PDA for you.

I hope that helps.