1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating someone in the closet-pressuring her to come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bella B, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Bella B

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey,
    so im in a relationship with this girl that is only out to a couple of her friends, and it isnt like i'm pressuring her to come out, but Ive been out for a while and it sucks having to hide it from everyone...and i dont know what to do! I know how tough it is to come out and how selfish I sound but it is extremely difficult to be in this relationship right now. HELP!!!!!!

2. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dear friend

Quite the predicament you're in. The best advice I can give is to give it sometime, just remember she's going through the same stuff you went through but maybe worse. She may be going through some hard times coming out, I don't think pressuring her would help. If you need anything else please just ask.

Love and hope
    King of The Baltic

3. Distant Echo

Is there anywhere you an go together where she won't have to hide? I've been the closeted one in a relationship and because we lived in different towns I could be more or less comfortable in her town but couldn't have handled showing affection in mine.

4. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

I would just take it easy. Don't force her, but just tell her that when she is out, she might be comfortable. Just tell her that you understand her predicament. Good luck.