1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...its complicated

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by europeanguy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    okay so a former friend of my sister recently came out as bisexual (however we all know she is most likely lying for attention, if you knew here you'd understand why we think this). The problem is that my mother said when we were talking about this "I dont think you can possibly know until you have actually tried it" basically she said that she thinks you cant know unless you have actually been with a man or woman (preferably tried both at some point) so here would be the problem, recently my confidence has gone way up as i went to an interview for a place at a uni, I aced it and got the offer on the spot. this makes me almost feel strong enough to tell my parents im gay but these are my 3 concerns as a result of the previously mentioned events:

1. my mother wont believe me which could crush my ability to say it

2. my dad would make my life a misery with constant gay jokes every other second. even though at the moment he has'nt a clue what sexuality i am ( he has directly said he can't work it out)

3. they would tell my Grandmother and she is an amazing person, so kind, selfless and understanding. so id feel huge shame to have to talk about it with her. id be so disapointing (she wouldnt say anything though) so her knowing, hell most people close to me knowing. would bring so much guilt, embarrassment and shame to me

#1 europeanguy, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016