1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure why I'm scared.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rowe, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to come out to at least someone I know in real life, but I don't know what to do. I tried coming out to my mom once, but whenever I tried to tell, I wouldn't be able to speak. I know she's accepting of LGBT people, and probably the rest. Same with my sister, and she's definitely supportive of ALL LGBT people. And even my LGBT friends I'm not sure I'd be able to. I'm not sure what to do. If anyone has suggestions, thank you.

Oh, and I'm mostly focusing on me being a panromantic asexual. But, if you also have suggestions for gender-nonconformity, you can still help even though I'm not really sure about my gender.

2. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Dov: Welcome...just sit down with your family and tell them. You are AMAB, like I am, but I'm a girl with a bf who been my best friend since first grade. I'm not saying that you are a girl, but talk to them. They might be on your side...

Good luck....

3. Benji1323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was scared when I came out to my best friend at the time. It always takes courage to be yourself. I personally got to the point where I had to tell someone and I think most feel like that but it's such a hard thing to say because your so used to just going along with whatever they think. My suggestion is to tell the one person you know more than any other that will accept you for who you are. Things will get better.

4. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to make a specific coming out talk. You can say something during normal conversation or be open when somebody asks.

As for gender nonconformity, think what suits you bezt, experiment etc.

5. Rowe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for these answers so far. I was thinking of trying to tell someone I trust the most, and would be the most accepting of me. I also heard trying to practice coming out on a pet.

Yeah, I knew someone who came out just by casually mentioning it. Actually, two people. And I was just thinking of experimenting with gender identities to see what I'm comfortable with being.