1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm new...help.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Confused1988, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Confused1988

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm married with two kids and I'm so confused. I've been working through my feelings for the past few months or so and I'm fairly certain I'm bisexual. I'm just getting used to this title and trying to figure out if it's definitely what feels right. I think it does.

I've had feelings for another woman for a few months, she's a lesbian and we get on extremely well. I don't necesarily want anything more with this woman because I'm married and she's in a long term relationship, but these feelings are what started my questioning. As a teenager, I experimented with girls and enjoyed myself, I've always had little "girl crushes" but I always thought it was just a phase because I've always been attracted to men. I obviously now don't think that's the case.

I wanted to get things sorted in my own head before I vocalised anything, if I even chose to vocalise things because ultimately it doesn't change how I feel about my husband but that was taken out of my hands on Saturday night. My husband looked at my browsing history and confronted me. I feel overwhelmed, he's mad and I don't have all the answers, for him or for myself. I feel bullied somewhat, this is not the first time he has looked at my internet history, or read a journal or text messages. I feel I have been outed before I have had a chance to get things sorted in my head.

My husband has automatically jumped to the conclusion that I have feelings for my lesbian friend and I'm a shocking liar, so I ended up admitting it. Now he's mad and I understand why he is, I get it, I have feelings for somebody that's not him and I don't know how I'm supposed to reassure him? How do I make him see that I'm not unhappy with our marriage, that this is not something I've sought out but rather stumbled upon and that I believe I was this way inclined before we met, but I guess I was in denial somewhat?

How do I make this ok? Does anyone have any advice or experience with this type of situation? I'm really sorry this is so long winded, I'm really upset and confused.

(*hug*)

2. Distant Echo

Hey welcome. You've come to the right place. There are a lot of people here in the same or similar situations.
    And hello fellow Aussie :slight_smile: