1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to come out again?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RocketRacoon, Mar 1, 2016.

1. RocketRacoon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I sorta came out to my dad last night...

Basically I just said that I really liked this girl and that was sort of it. However, this doesn't really bring my whole sexuality into perspective. Also, he didn't really seem like he was ready to talk about it with me. Should I leave it here, or should I try to come out again in a way that explains more fully?

2. Capricorn98

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    how did he seem like he wasnt ready to talk about it?

3. RocketRacoon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    He changed the subject almost as soon as I said it. Also, no one in my family is extremely comfortable talking about LGBT+ things. They support it and all, but whenever I start going on a rant about gender roles or equality they just sort of wait for me to finish. I get the feeling that he wouldn't be comfortable talking to me about it.

4. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I came out to my mom actually today over text message maybe if your scared of what he's gonna say just come out to him over Texting or something like that way you can put it all in perspective And give him time to adjust to the fact you're part of LGBT I'm sure he won't mind because your still the same person That your dad loves and being part of LGBT shouldn't change that! Good luck

5. RocketRacoon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok that sounds like a good idea. I was already planning on coming out over text to a few of my friends. Thanks for the advice! And congrats on coming out to your mom! I hope it went well (*hug*)

6. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your welcome I'm glad I'm able to help I came out to my best friend over text also I like typing because then everything you feel you can put it into perspective that you just can't think of when talking Coming out while talking would get you all balled up but I found the texting the way to go cuz your not so anxious you put everything into perspective good luck I hope all goes well with you :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 1st Mar 2016 at 07:39 PM ----------

Also coming out to my mom went really well surprisingly thanks :slight_smile: