1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I Come Out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RockerKidofLife, Mar 2, 2016.

1. RockerKidofLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    About a year ago I told my mother if I had a choice of how I was born I would have chosen to be a male. She asked what I meant by that and I started crying she got really quite for a second then she said your not a boy and she said the the conversation was over. It's been a year and we both act like the conversation never happened. I'm not sure if it effected her but I think about it ever day. It's made me not want to talk to her about it again.

#1 RockerKidofLife, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. demigodjay

I think at this point she might not understand what you mean. She might also not understand what being transgender is. If you want, you should bring it up again. Show her videos. Try to educate her as best you can so that she can understand what you are going through. I wish you luck!

3. foxer

Demigodjay made good points but just don't over do it. Allow time for your mother to think about what she hears. It might not be a easy beat to swallow.

All the best for you mate!

Sincerely - Foxer

4. Eye Shine

I agree with the posts above as long as you aren't financially independent on your mother. Sometimes the risk to come out is too dangerous, but if you aren't relying on her I would suggest coming out. It's always a good weight off of one's shoulders.