1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recognising and celebrating my bisexual wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Proud hubby, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Proud hubby

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey all,

So I'm really new to this world. I discovered my wife had been on LGBT+ forums and I asked about it. This led to some very confronting times and it was hard for me to work through to what I felt. Anyway the point of this thread is to how/what can I do to celebrate my wife's bisexuality? I know it was a big deal for her having me learn this and I want to do something nice for her.

Thanks

Capric1978 likes this.
  2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to see you here. I can't speak about another person's feelings because everybody is different but I can give you a bit of insight from bi person.

I wouldn't like to get this blown over even if it was a big deal for me. What could be a big deal I would think that my husband would think I would be cheating on him with another lady etc. (We don't have the best press even in lgbt circles) But I think all my partners knew I was bi so I can't talk on that.

If you really want to celebrate it somehow, how about watching a film/series with lead female bi character or going to a concert by a female bi singer etc. Those are the things that I would like. Just make sure the character won't be stereotypical. Or buy her a book etc. But I think doing something together would be better.

Cheers.

3. Proud hubby

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I had a range of crazy thoughts but I'm okay. Can you recommend any books/films?

Thanks