1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relapse

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by limfjord96, Feb 15, 2009.

1. limfjord96

ok, So i was doing really well and i was feeling up beat and what not, then for what ever reason my damn mind started doing its thing, and i just started getting super depressed, and i started listing all my friends in my head and which one i should tell, and how to tell them, and all this and i just couldnt see an aswer for any of them, so i got more depressed, then the lame "what if i just died" bull shit came up, and then i started thinking about writing a letter, and leaving it out to be found ( a coming out letter not a suicide letter) but then i was like thats stupid because if they dont care and they find this then they arent going to say anything until :im ready." but i dont know when ill be ready. I dont know why i am posting this, i think it just helps to write it down. My stomach is in knotts, and i have been choaking the occasional tear back (partly because of that movie i was watching :slight_smile:.) so i was just wandering, how long am i going to be a cluster fuck of basketcase emotions? i bottle shit up, and that i think is a big problem, even more so, but i have never been a visibly emotional guy (blame that on my five brothers) anyway, any thoughts. For anyone out there, is it easier to tell a member of the same sex, opposite sex, some one close, some one kind of close, some one who has a crush on me? I just feel like i need to talk about this and be able to say to some one, "yeah this is my type of dude." some one who i can work out the confussions with. And sorry i have rambled, but its 3 am in Cali, and my damn head just wont stop racing. thoughts?

2. HeronsStorm

Well, I can't exactly say how long you will be a "cluster fuck of basketcase emotions", we girls are able to blame that time of the month. I sympathize with you on the bottling up of emotions, usually once every year I have a complete meltdown-freakout from all the feelings I've repressed. I'm trying to break that habit, it's not healthy.

I found it's easier to come out to close friends in the long run, even if it seems tough at the time. With not-so-close friends, if you come out to them, you're still limited by that not-closeness when it comes to talking. Topics you would find easy to discuss with a best friend might be awkward to bring up around an acuatinence (Good God I just murdered that word). Best friends are also more likely to accept you because they know how you really are.

Anyway, hope that helps. It's six forty in the morning where I am so I have trouble expressing my thoughts as well.

3. Roxas101

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's spelt "acquaintance" lol

I feel for you buddy - bottling things up is NEVER healthy, this is a bit of a tangent, but a couple of years ago i had a really close friend - and then they said something to me which hurt. I started bottling up all my anger, and i kept picking up on anything bad they might say. In the end i just exploded and yelled at him in front of a class full of people.

I barely speak to him now, i have an entirely new group of friends. I still see him occasionally, and we've kind of made up but we aren't best of friends anymore.

Remember, if you can't be yourself with someone - do you really want to be with them? Probably a good choice for someone to tell (I'm too scared to do this myself, though i'm pretty sure he knows :/) is your best friend, if they truly are your friend they'll accept you for who you are.

Kaleb.

4. HeronsStorm

Heh, thanks Roxas :icon_redf

5. EM68

Hey don't feel bad. My emotions have been all over the place over the past few months. I think a lot of us here are in the same situation as you. You may want to join a LGBT group like PFLAG. I have gone for the past few months. I had no one to talk to so I found going there very therapeutic. There I am able to ask questions, discuss any issues I have or even vent. What ever is said is held in confidence.

Another thing I did was write a coming out letter to my parents. I actually wrote it and password protected it. I have not given it to them. I plan to give it to them next weekend. I found just writing it as a big stress reliever.

Do you know anyone who is gay or has a family member who is gay. They may be someone to talk to. Also what about your friend that is out of state you mentioned the other night. You may want to get his number so you can talk to him instead of just trading emails.

(*hug*)

#5 EM68, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  6. limfjord96

yeah, i am not worried about blowin up on some one. I have outlets, i right and am very physically active, which are good ways to let out some pent up frustration. but ni matter what scenerio i play out i still chicken out. I am pretty sure none of my friends will care at all, but then again, i wander if i am just afraid of myself? does that make sense?

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Telling your first friend via e-mail may have been partially liberating, in a sense, but it was also the first step towards moving forward. Up until that point, it was all theory. You could, at any time, say "OK, I've decided I'm not really gay", stop posting on EC, and resume living life as a heterosexual. But now that you've taken that first step, it's become a reality. It's no longer an intellectual exercise wondering how to tell people you're gay. You're actually thinking about actually telling them. And that can be somewhat overwhelming.

What can help? Well, there's the obvious - tell more people. The more people you tell, the more favorable responses you'll get (most likely), and the more relaxed you'll be with the idea. That doesn't mean you should rush off in that direction if you're not ready, but do know that this gets easier as time goes on. About the only other thing that will help is the knowledge that good solid friends remain so. They don't care who you sleep with. They just care that you're enjoying yourself. I had one co-worker find out when he found me ogling a waiter at a local restaurant. He said, "I can't believe it! Why are you eyeing HIM?!" I said, "Well, some guys don't like girls..." He said, "I don't care about THAT! But why HIM? He's an asshole!" :slight_smile:

Lex

8. Daniel6

why don't you delay all of them and do what you used to do before coming to this stage?

9. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

xD I go on tangents sometimes to Lim. Yeah, I totally agree. Finally saying something--to anyone!--feels much better than never finding anyone it seems right to talk about it with. And, I am by no means a woman, but telling other guys about your homosexuality is tougher. Why? I think it's because men are hard headed and not as accepting when it comes to change.

I still have a LOT of trouble mentioning it around guy friends. I probably don't come off as gay either. I am very masculine and strive to be so. I've been in situations where people will no longer talk to you if you tell them. Let me tell you now: shit happens. :frowning2:

Many, MANY people will do that to you, regardless of sex. But, that is a good thing. It tells you who values you or not. :wink:

And yeah, I can totally understand fearing yourself. Been that way since I started college. The journey to finding self identity is long and frivolous.

10. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Guest

Thats great!

11. limfjord96

YEAH...THATS AWESOME. Ok, so i woke up, showered, had some coffee, and my nerves seem to have settled abit. Thanks so much for all the kind advice. its just so hard to be patient with ones self ya know? especially since i am so impatient by nature, i mean i quit saxaphone after three weeks because i couldnt get it fast enough, i guess thats why i am scientist, because there is no memorization, just math and problems with answers, definite answers, unlike the enigma that is my head, heart, and soul. (wow sounded like a messed up hallmark card eh?) I am going to seaworld now with my baby bro (last few weeks before he gets deployed) so i am hoping a little friendly gathering will help with some of the depression. Thanks guys and dolls.

12. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Ew. Coffee. The dreadnaught that plagues my morning. Can't stand the stuff!

I am EXTREMELY impatient too. Though, I am passive aggressive. Lol I'll have the patience of a saint if it lets me get back at you or lets me enjoy someone squirming. >_<) That's bad I know...but...at least i'm not knifing you! :slight_smile:

Lol I don't think Hallmark would say anything like that. How much younger is he? I wish I had siblings...i'm a spoiled rotten only child. :slight_smile: I don't recall, did you tell him yet? Will you? Can you?

13. limfjord96

he isfour years younger, i havent told him, and prob wont for a long time, but seaworld was fun, cold as hell, but fun...

14. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You talking about the one in Vallejo CA? If so...I've been there! :slight_smile: Hopefully it went well.

15. limfjord96

no the seaworld in SD

16. Ajax

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the other thing you could try, if you are nervous about telling close friends, is telling complete strangers (a bit like this forum). if you know someone who is gay, ask them to put you in touch with one of their friends who you don't know. talk to them instead, where there is no pressure. get used to talking about being gay, it will make it easier for when you want to talk to your close friends.

17. limfjord96

yeah i have actually considered that. I think i will just tell my best friend, just got to find the right time and way...maybe tuesday after our soccer game. I should just be like hey you want to see a website that ive been looking at a lot lately, and show him this one...it will be like a suprise :slight_smile: